While Ming-Na Wen’s Agent May is certainly a butt-kicking hottie dressed in her tight black outfits, the actress or character rarely gets to show her ‘softer’ side… until now. Apparently tonight Agent May will find herself in not only a leg revealing evening gown but, this fetching lingerie outfit… as to her being tied to a chair in this lovely ensemble… we’ll have to wait till tonight to find out what that is all about. Hard to believe this smoking hot babe is 50!
The Soska Sisters, the writers and directors of the cult favorite American Mary have been working with WWE films as of late and are trying to get a film going with WWE Superstars, the Wyatt Family. I was inspired to do one of my faux posters of such a flick and it looks like it was a hit with the Twisted Twins!
poster art: MonsterZero NJ
I didn’t get to see every Summer release. Some, like the latest Transformers And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, are not flicks that interest me so, they will be curiosity rentals at some point. But here is a rundown of what I did see and thus what were favorites, surprises and, in turn, the disappointments for the Summer of 2014. Click on the poster for the full review!
GUARDIAN’S OF THE GALAXY - Not at all familiar with the comic but, the movie was a lot of fun with a devious sense of humor and a lot of action to go along with the eccentric but, endearing characters. I had a blast! ***1/2
- THE EXPENDABLES 3 - I don’t care what the box office results were, I had a rip roaring good time with this third installment and loved seeing the cast in action especially the return of Snipes. ***1/2
- GODZILLA - I really enjoyed the true King Of The Monsters’ return to the big screen but, will admit I didn’t absolutely love it like I wanted to. I didn’t mind it taking over an hour for him to finally appear but, once he did, the annoying cut-aways got frustrating fast. At least the last act smack-down in San Francisco made up for a lot of that. ***1/2
- DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES – The second installment of this really good reboot series is an action packed epic from Cloverfield’s Matt Reeves and it is not only a very entertaining film but, takes the plot of the worst of the original Apes films, Battle For The Planet Of The Apes, and puts it to much better use. *** 1/2
- MALEFICENT – Angelina Jolie stars in one of the Summers biggest hits and for me a very pleasant surprise and a very entertaining fantasy adventure with lots of eye candy. Jolie gives an enchanting performance as the classic villainess with a new twist and knows when to go over the top and when to be subtle. Sure she should have been evil for a bit longer but, Jolie chews up the scenery masterfully and we are right there with her! ***1/2
- LUCY – Sure Lucy was a dumb movie with some very skewed science but, it was an audaciously fun popcorn flick with loads of over the top action and another good performance by Johansson and it pairs her with the ever endearing Morgan Freeman. Silly… yes… fun… hell, yea! ***
- DELIVER US FROM EVIL – Not a great movie but, an effective mix of cop thriller and supernatural horror, supposedly based on the true case files of NY detective Ralph Sarchie, that delivers some action and chills and manages to give us one of the more effective exorcism scenes in the very overplayed exorcism film sub-genre. ***
THE FLOPS (and NEAR MISSES)
- THE AMAZING SPIDER-MAN 2 – Avoids Spider-Man 3 territory but, still makes many of it’s same mistakes and even drags in a few from Batman And Robin. Thankfully saved from being a complete mess by some really fun action scenes and the great chemistry between Garfield and Stone that lights up the screen whenever they are together. I have lightened up on it a bit since revisiting it on Blu-Ray but, it’s still the second weakest of the combined Raimi/Webb films. **1/2
- X-MEN DAYS OF FUTURE PAST – Not a mess or anything, just not very involving and none of the action scenes really stayed with me or overly impressed me. It was never boring but, was far from the delightfully hip and entertaining First Class. The 70s nostalgia fell flat and that really irked me as First Class was so 60s! **1/2
Source: MonsterZero NJ
Halestorm is on of my favorite bands and I think lead singer Lzzy Hale has one of the best voices in music today and she proves her versatility again, this time country style, by joining (and blowing away) Eric Church onstage at the CMT Music Awards… check out the performance below. I’d say she won these country music fans over! No surprise there!…
I am a big fan of the band Lacuna Coil and they finally have released a music video for a track on their awesome new album Broken Crown Halo (review here), “I Forgive (But I Won’t Forget Your Name)”. Check out this great track from Cristina Scabbia and the boys!…